AT&T Shape Tech and Entertainment Expo
AT&T SHAPE, a Tech and Entertainment Expo at Warner Bros. Studios, July 14-15!
Register at https://shape.att.com/ and use this coupon code to attend the event for free: LAcreator
Join us for AT&T SHAPE at Warner Bros. Studios to explore the convergence of technology and entertainment! This event, which normally costs $100, will be free for meetup members who use the coupon code listed above. The free admission includes full slate of activities on Friday and Saturday!
SHAPE is an immersive event featuring luminary speakers, interactive demos, and hands-on creation activities. That’s not all, tour Warner Bros. Studios’ outdoor sets and soundstages and get an up-close look at authentic props and costumes from iconic films!
You must register to confirm your spot, as this event will be at capacity and only registered guests will be allowed in!
Please register here: https://shape.att.com/
Use this coupon code: LAcreator
Enter the coupon code on the “Payment” page for free registration — you do not need to enter credit card information.
Here are some of Friday’s and Saturday’s (July 14 & 15) activities.
- Featured Speakers: Luminary speakers and industry insiders will transport you to the future of virtual reality, digital storytelling, interactive video, emerging tech in networking, and more. Featured speakers include Kathryn Bigelow discussing not only her journey as a director, producer, and writer but her thoughts on the role of virtual reality technology and its impact on the future of storytelling. Also, join Lance Weiler, Glen Keane, Marco Tempest, Gerd Leonhard, Dr. Beau Lotto, Amy Hobby from the Tribeca Film Institute, and award winning actor Jeffrey Wright. Learn from DC Comics executives and talent about the techniques and technologies used to create new content and stories that continue to define the future of the DC Universe. (Fri & Sat)
- Experience interactive demos that give you a glimpse into how virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality will change content creation in the future. (Fri & Sat)
- AT&T Create-a-thon: Watch or participate in the AT&T Create-a-thon. Shoot a portion of your short film at Warner Bros. Studios using select iconic cityscapes and backlots. The winning team will receive $20,000! (Fri & Sat)
- Bring your children to AT&T Creator Camp, a hands-on experience for kids ages 8 to 14 with a creative streak who are interested in learning about video and film production. (Saturday only)
- View imaginative, undiscovered short films from talented, aspiring storytellers who want to share their voices with the world. Vote for your favorite film from the AT&T Entertainment Project and help us select the winner. (Friday only)
- Take the Warner Bros. Studio Tour and explore outdoor sets and soundstages used to create productions such as Gilmore Girls, The Big Bang Theory, and Argo. See original props, costumes, picture cars, and sets used from Batman to Friends. Visit the DC Universe—DC Comics Exhibit, the real Central Perk Friends set, original Batman Museum—Batmobile Collection, and so much more. We’ll see you at the ballpark! (Saturday)
- SHAPE Hackathon – Participate in the hackathon the weekend before SHAPE on July 8–9, 2017 for a chance to win cash prizes. Finalists will pitch their projects at SHAPE.